Tikankolo is an authentic logger’s cabin in the Nuuksio National Park. Rent this wonderful cabin for your accommodation in Nuuksio. Book now!
From 2019 Natura Viva offers two authentic forest lodges for rent, the Oravankolo and the Tikankolo cabins. These settlements are built in the 1940s and they transpire the lifestyle of the past generations. The cabins can accommodate six persons, and both cabins contain a wood-heated sauna. Book your forest cabin for 2019 now!
Tikankolo was built in the turn of 1950s as a residence for the forest workers in the Nuuksio area. This traditional Finnish dwelling consists of the two room-cabin as well as a separate sauna building. The cabin is located on the shore of lake Saarilampi and can be reached via hiking and bike trails.
Tikankolo can be booked all year round. The cabin can accommodate 6 persons comfortably on two-story beds.
From 1.1.2019 on the reservations of Tikankolo will be handled by Repovalkea Oy. Reservations and further inquiries: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel.+358 400 718 248.
From 1.1.2019 on Natura Viva Oy.
The main building consists of two rooms, both heated with an iron stove. The separate sauna building also contains a dressing room and a woodshed. There is also a dry outhouse toilet on the premises.
Tikankolo is located on the shore of lake Saarilampi in the Western part of the Nuuksio National Park, in Vihti county. The nearest parking ground (Valklammentie parking) is situated about a kilometer away. Another parking (Kattila) lies some 5 km away. Natura Viva’s Hawk Nest resorts is some 7 km away and the nearest restaurant at Haltia Finnish Nature Centre some 11 km away.
Use the links below to have a look what it looks like inside the cottage and the sauna!
This is an authentic forest lodge with no running water or electricity. As the cabin is going through an overhaul before 2019, the facilities will be announced later in 2018.
Remember to take with You: candles, toilet paper, bedlinen/sleeping bad, flashlight, matches.
* Check-in from 13H, Check-out latest at 11H.
* Keys will be placed in a safe, located at the lodge. The PIN code for the safe will be delivered before the reservation start and will function throughout the reservation.
* The lodger is responsible for the cleaning of the cabin as well as the other premises. The next customer should have a pleasant arrival on the fresh and clean cabin!
* Tikankolo adheres to trashless camping policies. More info here: http://www.nationalparks.fi/en/hikinginfinland/rightsandregulations/litter/howtomakesureyouleavenotrace.
* This means: Place the biowaste in to the dry toilet. Burn the burnable trash in the cabin stove or the sauna fireplace. Don’t leave any trash behind – what You can’t compost or burn take with You. Don’t leave any foodstuffs behind.
* Make sure to read through the terms and conditions regarding all pets at the cabin.
* Pet dogs: while placing your reservation, state the size and breed of your dog. Mke sure to remove all dog hair from the beds, carpets etc. Remove all dog litter from the premises and bury them in the forest.
* The person making the reservation is in full responsibility of the cabin ad the premises, also on behalf of other people staying at the cabin. Make sure to read through the terms and conditions regarding the rental.
P.S. In case you can’t reserve the Tikankolo cabin for your desired time frame, make sure to check out our other cabin, the Oravankolo, as well.
Have a great stay!
|Kohde||0Valklammentie 40,03220 Tervalampi|